Welcome to TAP Series Online Food Worker Training Course
Orleans County Department of Public Health has accepted Tap Series online training as a provider for Level 1 Food Safety Manager Certification Training. This course will prepare you for taking an ANSI accredited national exam.
The TAP Series Level 1 Training (Food Safety Manager Certification Training Course):
- Training in English and Spanish
- Multiple attempts to review training modules
- The only nationwide warranty on training (should you fail the final exam, TAP Series will pay to re-train you so long as our warranty guidelines have been satisfied.)
- 15 lessons including a sample test
- Printable Job Aids and Definition of Terms
- TAP Series Online Level 1 Course Price: $55
- OCPH Final Exam Price: $55 (includes exam fee and course reciprocity)
- TOTAL Cost: $110
Once you have successfully completed the training, with a 75% or higher on all lessons and an 80% or higher on the practice test, you will print a certificate of completion that must be presented to the health department along with a photo id and payment before taking the final exam.
YOU MUST TAKE THE FINAL EXAM THROUGH THE ORLEANS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT TO RECIVE YOUR OFFICIAL FOOD PROTECTION MANAGER CERTIFICATION!
Click here to register for TAP Series
The Orleans County Department of Public Health offers the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals (NRFSP) exam and certification to TAP Series users for only $55. Once you successfully pass the examination you will be issued a NRFSP certificate that is valid nationally for 5 years. The exam fee is payable at the time of the final exam by cash, check, or money order.
To schedule a time to take the final exam through the Orleans County Department of Public Health contact: Nancy Kelly-Schicker (585) 589-3252.
As per subpart 14.1 Section 14-1.73 of the NYS Sanitary Code, OCPH has established the following requirements:
- A Certified Food Worker is required to be present at all operating times for food service establishments, including temporary food stands. Operating times are defined as any time when food preparation is being performed and is not limited to the establishment’s operating hours.
- All medium and high risk facilities, as well as operators of more than one pushcart need to have a person on record with L1 Certification.
- The person on record cannot be designated for multiple establishments.
- The presence of a L1 Worker can also satisfy the requirement for a L2 Worker.
- Low risk facilities such as bars or ice cream shops do not require a L1 Worker; however they do need a L2 Worker present at all operating times of food service.
- Low risk temporary food stands do not need a certified food worker on site.